Staging tips for Tuesday!
- Clean, clean, clean – I can’t say it enough! I had the pleasure of working an open house last week for a home that I had staged; Realtors and buyers alike, looked in every closet and cupboard! I was so thankful we had made sure it was all looking it’s best!
- Give things purpose! If you have a room with no purpose, or a side yard, give them an identity, so buyers can see themselves enjoying the office, or exercise room, etc.
- Eliminate red flags! Move-in ready means everything in this market, no one wants to buy a house for top dollar and then pay for repairs too!
- Accentuate the strengths of your home! If you have a great view, make sure it is the focus! Your stuff should look great, but not so much so that it takes the focus off the house! The job of your stuff, while your home is on the market, is ONLY to showcase the house!
Good luck and happy home selling! – Shannon D’Acquisto
If you have more specific questions for me directly, please visit my website: http://www.lightbrightandairy.com/ or email me: shannon@LightBrightandAiry.com
Buyer turn-offs equal seller opportunities. I want to expand on Keith’s blog from Friday -Top 5 Things buyers don’t like. 4 out of 5 are easy and cheap fixes with staging to make your house stand out from the crowd! If the competition isn’t paying attention they may not be following this simple advice – which can really give you the upper hand to get your house sold! Here are some proactive, simple fixes to these buyer turn-offs.
1) Overpriced – get real about price – the best staging can’t fix overpriced!
2) Smells – do the work before the buyers come – get the smells out of your home!! Ventilate and clean! Paint if you need to and by all means clean your carpets if at all possible – even if you just rent the cleaner from the grocery store!
3) Dirty – see #2. Clean your house and it will smell and show better every time!! Pay a house keeper during your listing if you can’t clean it – it will be so worth it if your house shows great and sells quickly!
4) Clutter – makes even the largest homes seem small and lacking in storage – neither do buyers find appealing. The worst buyer detractor is personal clutter. Hide your prized collections of beer bottles, sports memorabilia, beanie babies or whatever it may be at your house, and opt for a neutral clock, mirror or landscape print in its place.
5) Seller at Home – plan to be gone from your home while it is being shown! Even if you only go next door. Leave before the buyers arrive, if at all possible – and take pets with you! It is a proven fact that the longer a potential buyer visits your home the more likely they will make an offer – but they will most certainly rush out if they feel like they are in your way!
To contact me direct please email me at: shannon@LightBrightandAiry.com or check out my website: http://www.lightbrightandairy.com/
Staging for Rain! Wow we have gotten some rain this winter around here! If your house is on the market it is essential that you keep the rain hazards and mud to a minimum! Here are some quick tips for success:
- Make sure you have a great front door mat!
- If the rain and or mud is really bad, ask people to take off their shoes in your house.
- Make sure that your gutters and ditches are working properly, nothing causes alarm quite like flooding!
- If you have pets that go in and out of your house during this weather, check their feet too!
- Keep your heat on at least slightly, it will make your house seem homier during showings, if its a warm oasis out of the cold of rain.
- Keep your eyes on your roof through the rainy season, it would be terrible to find out you have a leak from a potential buyer!
Happy Selling, stay dry!
To contact me directly, please email me through my website: www.LightBrightandAiry.com