Do you have a house on the market through the holidays? Here are some great tips for success!
- Take photos before you put out holiday decorations – in case your home is still on the market in the the spring – it will look very dated if it has holiday decorations in the photos.
- Decorate simply, no crazy over the top Clark Griswald decorations.
- The smells of the season: cinnamon, hot cider, and baked goods are great cozy scents that will help your home appeal to buyers!
- Pre-plan for success… Keep your house clean enough that you can be ready to show it throughout the holiday season.
- There may be home shoppers in town for the holidays, so try to be flexible.
- If you are planning to be out of town for an extended period during the holidays, set your thermostat to come on for a little while each day, so that in case your house shows it won’t be too chilly inside.
- Remember to try to get a little fresh air through your house when you can, lots of houses get stale through the winter from being closed up tight.
- Do your dishes as soon as possible after parties and feasts, so that the smells of your home stay as neutral as possible.
- Don’t forget to tend to your winter landscape- even though its not pretty like spring, it is still the first thing that buyers see of your house.
- Make sure that your decorations don’t impede the traffic flow in your home. You don’t want to scare away buyers by making your home feel crowded or cluttered.
Happy Holiday selling! I have sold a number of homes in the winter, when the market is “slow,” so plan for success.
For more information or to contact me directly please visit my website: www.LightBrightandAiry.com