Happy Fall!! Here are some tips to help your “For Sale” home stand out from the crowd. These are particularly important as the market tends to slow down and the weather gets colder.
- Pay attention to curb appeal– with the weather getting colder, and fall being a busy time, many buyers won’t even stop to look at a home that the don’t like from the street.
- Make sure that the pictures of your home on the MLS and the Internet look great! More buyers these days are checking house on the Internet and being picky with the ones they want to view in person- don’t get skipped because of bad photos.
- Help your realtor and yourself, by keeping your home as tidy as possible – you are the ‘director of first impressions’ when it comes to what buyers see when the walk into your home. First impressions are EVERYTHING in real estate!
- Ventilate!!! This is the best time of year to enjoy the temperate climate on the central coast- air you home out to keep it scent neutral!
- Eliminate Red Flags for buyers – buyers are looking for “Move-in Ready”- make sure that your house is that for them.
Good luck and happy selling!