Happy August! How fast the summer rolls by when we are busy. Here are a few quick tips to keep your “For Sale” house looking and showing great through August.
If you live in one of the HOT parts of the county:
- Leave the A/C on at least somewhat (about 74) when you are away in case your home may be shown.
- Make sure to water your yard enough to keep things living (within the water rules – of course)
- If you can’t keep up with the yard work – hire a gardener, or maybe even a teenage neighbor who is out of school for summer.
- If you have ceiling fans, use them!
- Make sure to ventilate in the cool parts of the day so that your house still gets some fresh air.
If you live in the cooler part of the county:
- Make sure to open all of your curtains before showings, especially it is overcast- extra natural light is very helpful.
- Make sure to ventilate when possible- fresh air fixes so many things!
- Keep up your curb appeal!
- Set up outdoor seating areas in the warmest part of the yard, buyers will stay longer to appreciate your home.
And as always… clean, clean, clean!! For more specific strategies for your home feel free to contact me directly or check out my website. Happy Selling!