Happy Summer! This is what I like to call Real Estate Season, especially if you live on the tourist friendly central coast! So here are some tips for preparing your house to sell during the summer, to people who already live here, and to appeal to buyers from out of the area.
- Make sure that you are watering enough to keep the curb appeal up during the hotter months.
- Take down personal photos and replace them with a few pictures of local landscapes (to remind buyers why they want to live on the central coast) One of my favorites is a great shot from a local photographer, Rob Bishop.
- If at all possible leave a window open during showings to let in the sounds and fresh breezes of the central coast.
- Keep your house very clean while its on the market, even get a cleaning person and / or a gardener while your home is listed to help it looks its very best.
- Most people live in their homes with more furniture than is ideal for selling. Think about taking a few pieces to storage to make your home feel more spacious during the time its on the market.
- Clean out your closets, buyers will look in them!
- Look at home magazines, and make sure your home looks at least as nice as other homes in your price range.
If you would like to contact me directly with questions, feel free to follow the link to my website! Happy Home Selling!!