Happy Wednesday! Here is some insight from seller’s mistakes who call me for help… a little too late.
- Mistake #1 – Too often people who are planning to sell, see this as the chance to make all the changes in their home that they have never tackled. For about 99% of houses, this much remodeling would be way too much spending for a house that is for sale!
- Mistake #2 – They make choices that are too expensive, too personal and too little return on $$ spent.
- Mistake #3 – They forget to pay attention to all of the details involved with upgrades and remodels- and blow their budget- thus giving away profit dollars.
- Fix#1 – Choose neutral colors, and address only the most important items to upgrade.
- Fix #2 – Choose a common theme for your home, don’t put a bright, different color on every wall.
- Fix #3 – If you are out of your league, call a professional!
Good luck and happy selling!