Voted Best Real Estate Company in SLO County in the 2017 New Times Reader Poll
No Comments

I did some analyis of the February Pendings which I found quite interesting.

For Santa Maria/Orcutt, 67% of the Pending Sales are foreclosures and 7% are Short Sales. Together, that’s 73% of the total Pendings!

For SLO County, 23% of the Pendings are foreclosures and 5% are Short Sales, for a total of 28% of the total Pendings.

As far as what cities in SLO County made up the foreclosures/short sale Pendings, here’s the list:

Paso Robles 38%
Atascadero 19%
Arroyo Grande 16%
Nipomo 10%
Grover Beach, Morro Bay, Oceano, Shandon, and SLO had the remainder (all under 4% each).

There were some pretty pricey homes on the list too including a $989,000 in Arroyo Grande, a $799,000 in Atascadero, a $730,000 in Nipomo, another one in Arroyo Grande for $639,000, and a $624,000 home in Paso Robles.

For Contingent Sales in February, 33% in SLO County were Short Sales (none were foreclosures). But in Santa Maria/Orcutt 72% of the Contingents were Short Sales and 24% were foreclosures (yep, that adds up to 96%).

Written by Keith Byrd - Go to Keith's Website/Profile