Here’s my current list of favorite restaurants:
– Burrito Loco (in Walmart center in Arroyo Grande). Great chips and salsa. I usually get a wet burrito.
– Basil Thai in downtown Paso Robles. Yummmm.
– Woodstocks Pizza, SLO. What can I say, my favorite for 25+ years now.
– Chile Peppers, in SLO on Broad by South Street. Chicken Mole Enchiladas, easily my vote for the tastiest dish of any restaurant.
– Salad Safari, Grover Beach. Nothing like a tossed salad that I choose what goes in.
– Pepe Delgados, SLO. Like Woodstocks, this is another restaurant I’ve been going to ever since I was a student at Cal Poly. Never disappoints. Guacamole dip is great.
– Sushi Kokku (sp?) , SLO. This is the sushi place in the Madonna plaza near TCBY yogurt. I’m not a sushi fan but these guys have the best chicken teriyaki bowl for the price. I sometimes get the combo with a California Roll.
Best Steak value: Early Bird Dinner at AJ Spurs in Grover Beach. 12oz top sirloin (try it cajun style), plus their soup, salad, potatoes, and desert for around $13.