Light, Bright and Airy Home Staging Tips
Happy Holidays and happy winter home selling. As winter gets off and running there are some things to keep in mind when your home is on the market.
- As it gets rainy and wet, make sure that your door mats are clean and dry, and at each door, so that when people show your house, they don’t track muddy footprints throughout.
- Make sure that your heater runs at least enough to keep the chill away, since a frigid house can be a turnoff to buyers.
- Change your heater filter regularly during the winter- it helps your heater and it helps reduce the musty smell of winter -plus filters are a cheap way to keep an expensive appliance working well.
- With sunset being so early, many buyers will be seeing your home at dusk or in the dark- make sure that it all looks as good in the night as it would during the day.
- Remove tripping hazards and illuminate dark spots in your driveway and rooms.
- Make sure that your entry light has a good bulb and gives good illumination.
- Set a few lights on timers that come on at dusk.
- Check your rain gutters and drains- few things show worse than if your house looks like it could flood from a small drizzle, just because you forgot to clean away the debris blocking the flow of water.
Good luck and happy winter home selling! For more information or to contact us directly please check out our website: www.LightBrightandAiry.com
Date last updated: 10/24/14 3:29 AM PDT
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the IDX program of the Central Coast Regional Multiple Listing Service and its affiliated associations. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Patterson Realty are marked with the IDX icon and detailed information about them include the name of the listing broker and listing agent. The information being provided is for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing
Listing Broker has attempted to offer accurate data, it is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Buyers are advised to confirm all data provided
Listings displayed are the property of the member Associations of the Central Coast Regional MLS, and are protected under one or more of the following copyright registrations: Atascadero Association of Realtors®, Inc. Copyright 2014; Lompoc Valley Association of REALTORS®, Inc. Copyright 2014, Paso Robles Association of REALTORS®, Inc. Copyright 2014; Pismo Coast Association of REALTORS® Inc. Copyright 2014; San Luis Obispo Association of REALTORS®, Inc. Copyright 2014; Santa Maria Association of REALTORS®, Inc. Copyright 2014; Santa Ynez Valley Association of REALTORS®, Inc. Copyright 2014; Scenic Coast Association of REALTORS®, Inc. Copyright 2014. All rights reserved.
This IDX solution is (c) Diverse Solutions 2014.