Light, Bright and Airy Home Staging tips #7
Tips for living in your home while listing:
- Clean and spit shine your house before realtor caravan and/or open house.
- If you have your house on a lockbox so that Realtors can show it at anytime, which is highly recommended, try to make one lap around every morning before you leave… just in case.
- If you have children, try to control their toys and things to closets and a child’s bedroom. Not all buyers have kids, so leaving kids stuff strewn about the house, living room, kitchen and yard can be a detraction from your home.
- Look into getting your windows professionally cleaned, its not as expensive as you might think, and it can make a huge difference in the bright and open feeling of your house.
- Hire a gardener temporarily, so that your curb appeal is at its best!
- Hire a cleaning service to keep your house looking its best, during the listing period.
- Open your curtains in the morning before you leave the house.
- If you give the Realtors a daytime phone number and ask for a few hours notice, you may be able to run home and spruce up before the showing, but always leave at least a half hour prior to the appointment in case they are early.
- If at all possible leave a window slightly open to allow fresh air to ventilate your home while you are away.
- Don’t use any strong perfumes or air fresheners, since they may not appeal to all buyers. They best scents are well ventilated or a very subtle natural scent like vanilla or real cinnamon.
Selling your home while living in it is a big challenge, but you are competing for a small number of qualified buyers in a crowded market, so make sure that your home looks its very best for every potential buyer! For more tips check us out direct at our website: www.LightBrightandAiry.com